The revision #289 of the RuneScape client is from January 23, 2005.
The protocol documentation is far from done.
The 289 Client itself is comprised of 73 classes, 74 if you count the dummy class.
Here is a download to a very renamed #289 client: Renamed #289 Client
Also here is a non-renamed deob version of the client: Non-renamed #289 Client
- 289 did not have the Farming or Slayer skills
- 289 did NOT contain the abyssal whip (witch was released less than a month prior to 289)
- 289's player update masks were different.
- 289's opcodes are different (as they change with every revision)
- There are only two inputDialogueStates in 289, were there are 3 in 317.
- Some aspects of the player updating process are done in different order than 317.
- Many packets send the information in different orders from 317.